Thursday, May 15, 2014

What does "EPUTL" mean?

I've been asked recently what does "EPUTL" mean?

I've been using it as a short, but hopefully meaningful comment on the various same sex success stories that seem to be popping up every day on social media.

I have many gay friends and that they slowly but absolutely surely seem to be attaining the "equal status" to enjoy the full rights and privileges that my wife and I do.

EPUTL simply stands for equal protection under the law. Its from the 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution. Its doesn't qualify those words with anything regarding sexual preference. It does qualify it to "all persons born or naturalized in the United States."

Rather than make some wordy, long-wind statement about why I agree with this direction of same sex treatment under our various State laws, I will just (usually) post a respectful "EPUTL" and enjoy the steady stream of good news on this matter.



No comments:

Post a Comment