Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Romney never should've moved to his right...


I have to wonder how the election would look now if Mitt Romney had maintained his moderate positions he rode to the Governor's mansion in Massachusetts. If he had refused to move to his right, finding some peaceful co-existence with the Tea Party factions? I saw this move to the right causing more problems that it would help, but apparently that's what was needed to survive the GOP primary contest.

If a guy like me can see this coming from months ago, you seriously telling me that no one in the GOP braintrust saw it as well?

I don't know who's going to win in November but I do think if Romney had stayed a moderate and found a way to sell that positioning instead of moving to his right, he'd waltz into the White House next January. Now he's stuck in a role he doesn't really belong in and all the silliness that comes with it. Had he sold his moderate stances, he'd be able to be much better suited to this contest with President Obama. Now, he's losing precious news coverage to issues like rape and abortion rights.

This is a learning opportunity for both parties, I imagine...

No comments:

Post a Comment