Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Michelle Bachmann Announces She Won't Seek Re-Election in 2014...

Minnesota Congresswoman Michelle Bachmann has announced she will not seek re-election in 2014. The announcement was made via a video on her website earlier this morning.

And as she likes to do so publicly, we can all thank God for this development. Clearly, I've not been a fan of hers. The number of exaggerations, mis-representations, outright lies, etc. are too numerous to chronicle. Visit one of the fact check websites, (Politifact.com or  Factcheck.org), to review how she fares under the microscope.

Michelle, the floor is yours:



I especially like the part where she said her decision not to run again in 2014 was "not influenced by any concerns about recent inquiries into her 2012 presidential campaign."This decision was not impacted in any way by the recent inquiries into the activities of my former presidential campaign or my former presidential staff.”

Perhaps her decision to not run again was partly fueled by the razor thin margin (.012) of victory last time against her Democratic opponent Jim Graves, who she outspent substantially. She claims otherwise in her remarks, saying, “My decision was not in any way influenced by any concerns about my being re-elected to Congress,” she said. “If I ran I would again defeat the individual who I defeated last year.”

Of course, it wasn't Mrs. Bachmann.

Mrs. Bachmann is among the very worst of the GOP/Tea Party leaders. Her willingness to push buttons on everything from "death panels" to Islam "jihadists" seemingly around every corner turned my stomach and to my way of thinking, made things worse for the Country. I do not suspect there's another Presidential run in her future, which has to make anyone running from the Democrats (or the media) a bit sad. Her campaign after reaching its peak at the Iowa straw polls dropped like a rock and she, in my opinion, was revealed to be a lightweight among a lightweight field of GOP hopefuls. She loves to wrap herself in the Bible, the Flag and the ghost of former President Reagan, all at once and all three make an appearance in her announcement video. She takes a few shots at President Obama for good measure and attempts to inocolate herself against the predictable unfair treatment from the media she knows is forthcoming. 


I won't be surprised to see Bachmann wind up on Glen Beck's network, (The Blaze) or Fox News, with an outside chance of a network like CNN grabbing her simply for the ratings she would probably bring. At least for a while. I'm guessing there's also a good chance of a book, a book tour, a bus tour, possibly a documentary, another book, and on and on and on. If Sarah Palin can milk political failure into financial security, why can't Michelle Bachmann?


Sources: 

No comments:

Post a Comment