Saturday, November 5, 2011

Andy Rooney, 60 Minutes Commentator has died, says CBS News...


CBS News is reporting that long time commentator, Andy Rooney, died Friday evening from complications from surgery


I came to enjoy Mr. Rooney's work while in College back in the 1980's. I didn't always agree with his position on things, but I liked his frankness. Despite what I never got the impression he was too worried about what other people thought. He had an insight, perhaps a clarity that appealed to me. Too often the news we see on television is overly processed, packaged and slanted. To find out what's really going on, you have to weed through the bias of the left, the right, etc. to get am objective grasp of a particular story. Andy Rooney wasn't without bias, he just didn't hide it.


The CBS video obituary: 









Here's an interview from October 2, 2011, conducted by Morley Safer, followed by Andy Rooney's final commentary: 



I can't put a finger on a particular commentary of Mr. Rooney's that has stuck with me, but I do remember staying with some episodes of 60 Minutes just to catch his segment. He was worth sticking around for. 

R.I.P., Mr. Rooney...

No comments:

Post a Comment