Sunday, May 15, 2011

Comment filters lifted...for now...

  We're going to try something with the way readers post comments to the blog. I've enabled all readers to be able to post a comment without needing a Google ID or any of the other ones. In the interest spontaneous discussion, which is one of the blog's primary goals, I'll leave the comments un-moderated until I see a reason to add that step to the process.

  Readers without google email or another ID can post comments under the anonymous label. Just select that option from the drop down box near the comment field. What I do ask is that you include your first name and last initial (EX: Bill C.) with any comment your post. This will help everyone understand who's saying what.

  Most readers have good taste and a sense of when to pull back to not cross that imaginary line. I'm counting on it. Any comments that are, in my opinion, over the line will be deleted. Name calling, offensive language directed at another commenter, etc. will be removed.

  If this winds up being a concern, I can always turn on comment moderation and I'll preview any submitted comments.

  Hopefully, this will spark more conversation/debate on the blog itself.

  Have at it...

  Thanks for your participation. We'll pass the 1000 view threshold in the next few days. Didn't think it would come so fast.

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment