Saturday, May 21, 2011

Retired KDKA Radio Host John Cigna Has Died « CBS Pittsburgh

Retired KDKA Radio Host John Cigna Has Died « CBS Pittsburgh

I was able to work at KDKA in the mid 1980 when he was top dog. Really nice man, funny, and smart.

So many of the guys I got to know back then are gone. Fred Honsberger, Bill Steinbach, John Haydar and now Mr. Cigna...

One of the most amazing experiences of my life was to work in the KDKA newsroom. I remember as a nervous out of my mind intern I asked Mr. Steinbach to critique one of my news scripts. He told me to get lost for a bit and he'd have something for me. When I came back he said, "Corfield! Come here..." in a voice that sounded like God, lol. There were two words written in the margin of my script. He'd written, very simply:

"Utterly incomprehensible..."

I wanted to die, lol...

Rest in peace,. John Cigna...

No comments:

Post a Comment